This position will utilize instructional design methods to analyze, develop, implement and evaluate engaging, competency-based learning, assessments and evaluations. The Training Specialist will work with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to design and develop training that addresses business and performance issues and uses a variety of delivery methods. They will demonstrate effective needs analysis, project management, and instructional design and evaluations skills. This position will be the eLearning and Learning Management System (LMS) expert responsible for management and maintenance of the LMS and developing technology based training.
• Design and develop learning objectives, instruction, and training material in multiple formats (classroom, eLearning, self-study, webinar) that aligns with role-based curricula for multiple audiences.
• Partner and collaborate with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), internal customers and others in the early stages of initiatives/projects to assess training needs and identify performance gaps.
• Create project documentation including the design templates, standards, style guides, technical specifications, straw models, train-the-trainer and pilot materials.
• Develop, implement and maintain an ongoing evaluation strategy; measure the effectiveness and efficiency of training programs and monitor their ongoing impact; analyze and share key learning; and make recommendations based on findings.
• Manage and maintain Learning Management System (LMS).
• Monitor, troubleshoot, and analyze problems, identify solutions, and work with LMS vendor to resolve issues (analyze the components of the problem, assess risk and recommend solutions).
• Develop highly interactive eLearning courses and assessments using Articulate and other software.
• Establish and maintain standards for eLearning content design, development and delivery.
• Research, assess and recommend eLearning courseware and tools.
• Assure that training solutions incorporate best practices in adult learning theory by monitoring and practicing the latest trends and techniques in adult learning and incorporating them into course designs.
Apply using this link.
Site and contents © 2001-2016, Birmingham Chapter ATD, all rights reserved.Contact Us: Birmingham Chapter ATD, PO Box 19764, Birmingham, AL 35209 | E-mail